Article 29: Exemptions from labelling and packaging requirements
1. Where the packaging of a substance or a mixture is either in such a shape or form or is so small that it is impossible to meet the requirements of Article 31 for a label in the languages of the Member State in which the substance or mixture is placed on the market, the label elements in accordance with the first subparagraph of Article 17(2) shall be provided in accordance with section 1.5.1 of Annex I.
2. If the full label information cannot be provided in the way specified in paragraph 1 the label information may be reduced in accordance with section 1.5.2 of Annex I.
3. When a hazardous substance or mixture referred to in Part 5 of Annex II is supplied to the general public without packaging it shall be accompanied by a copy of the label elements in accordance with Article 17.
4. For certain mixtures classified as hazardous to the environment, exemptions to certain provisions on environmental labelling or specific provisions in relation to environmental labelling may be determined in accordance with the procedure referred to in Article 53, where it can be demonstrated that there would be a reduction in the environmental impact. Such exemptions or specific provisions are defined in Part 2 of Annex II.
5. The Commission may request the Agency to prepare and submit to it further draft exemptions from labelling and packaging requirements.