What is REACH?
REACH is the Regulation for Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals. It entered into force on 1st June 2007 to streamline and improve the former legislative framework on chemicals of the European Union (EU). REACH places greater responsibility on industry to manage the risks that chemicals may pose to the health and the environment.
In principle REACH applies to all chemicals: not only chemicals used in industrial processes but also in our day-to-day life, for example in cleaning products, paints as well as in articles such as clothes, furniture and electrical appliances.
The aims of REACH are to:
- Improve the protection of human health and the environment from the risks that can be posed by chemicals
- Enhance the competitiveness of the EU chemicals industry, a key sector for the economy of the EU
- Promote alternative methods for the assessment of hazards of substances
- Ensure the free circulation of substances on the internal market of the European Union
Find out more on European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) offical website.
- We’re a team of experienced REACH and CLP consultants providing complex expert consultancy services to facilitate entry of non-EU manufacturers and importers of chemicals to the European market as well as navigating established European companies to compliance with REACH and CLP. We have experienced that REACH and CLP is a huge piece of legislation for a single person to handle and requires various expertise. That's why we operate as a team of specialists on different tasks in REACH and CLP from REACH registration to authoring of SDS.
- Our mission is to navigate you to comliance with REACH and CLP at minimum cost.
- For the complete list of our REACH and CLP expert services see our new REACH and CLP Compliance website: http://www.ecomole.com/reach-consulting