Lost in REACH? Not anymore! Try our new REACH Compliance Website
- Assessment of REACH obligations
- Letter of Access (LoA) negotiation
- SDS authoring with 100% guarantee
- REACH and CLP consulting
- REACH Registration
- REACH Compliance auditing
- REACH Certificate and declaration
- REACH Only Representative (ROR) services
Contact REACH and CLP experts NOW!
1. A substance on its own, in a preparation or in an article, for which Annex XVII
contains a restriction
shall not be manufactured, placed on the market or used unless it complies with the conditions of that restriction
. This shall not apply to the manufacture, placing on the market or use of a substance in scientific research and development
. Annex XVII
shall specify if the restriction
shall not apply to product and process orientated research and development
, as well as the maximum quantity exempted.
2. Paragraph 1 shall not apply to the use of substances
in cosmetic products, as defined by Directive 76/768/EEC, with regard to restrictions addressing the risks to human health
within the scope of that Directive.
3. Until 1 June 2013, a Member State may maintain any existing and more stringent restrictions in relation to Annex XVII
on the manufacture, placing on the market or use of a substance, provided that those restrictions have been notified according
to the Treaty. The Commission shall compile and publish an inventory of these restrictions by 1 June 2009.