Lost in REACH? Not anymore! Try our new REACH Compliance Website
- Assessment of REACH obligations
- Letter of Access (LoA) negotiation
- SDS authoring with 100% guarantee
- REACH and CLP consulting
- REACH Registration
- REACH Compliance auditing
- REACH Certificate and declaration
- REACH Only Representative (ROR) services
Contact REACH and CLP experts NOW!
||Access to information
1. Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 shall apply to documents held by the Agency
2. Disclosure of the following information shall normally be deemed to undermine the protection of the commercial interests
of the concerned person:
(a) details of the full composition of a preparation;
(b) without prejudice to Article 7
(6) and Article 64
(2), the precise use, function or application of a substance or preparation, including information about its precise use as
(c) the precise tonnage of the substance or preparation manufactured or placed on the market;
Where urgent action is essential to protect human health, safety or the environment, such as emergency situations, the Agency
may disclose the information referred to in this paragraph.
3. The Management Board shall adopt the practical arrangements for implementing Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001, including appeals
or remedies necessary for reviewing a partial or full rejection of a confidentiality request, by 1 June 2008.
4. Decisions taken by the Agency
pursuant to Article 8 of Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 may form the subject of a complaint to the Ombudsman or of an action
before the Court of Justice, under the conditions laid down in Articles 195 and 230 of the Treaty respectively.